Thursday 15 May 2014

Commission

http://adelaidefilmfestival.org/affif/art-moving-image-commission/

Between me and two others, we've wanted to start a 3D animated show. We were planning to have the trailer done by next year February, if we're lucky, to get a kickstarter running for funding. But, an opportunity has arisen if we can get a proposal, budget and schedule in we can get up to 50,000 to fund this. 

Personally, I think this is a achievable with A LOT of help. None of us have done anything like this before. The two other girls I work with, Louise and Maddie, are very optimistic about this. I'm the one to be realistic. I think that there's a lot of knowledge and skills we don't have yet and if this was down the track by a year or two, I'd definitely feel better about this. But it's now, we have to include on our schedule the first two months off because we'll be finishing Year 12. At this point, I'm very pessimistic about getting everything done by the end of this month, BUT I know that we'd regret it if we didn't enter at all. Mostly, I want to get more information about what they want in the year. We know we can't do a series in the 10 months, therefore we're cutting it down to a proposal of a short to show the potential of the show instead. 

We've found others willing to help out in this project from voicing to texturing our 3D animation BUT they are teenagers/young adults just like us. And still in the learning stages. We definitely need to find someone to help us with this project but for now, we need to get the schedule and budget done in time. The 30th this month is when it's due.

I'm hoping to talk to Shane about this, as well as Rob and Dave to talk about things we haven't even taken into account when it comes to the budget and schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment